Meet our Top 50 Thriving Female Founder for 2019 Edition
After matriculating as Vice-Headgirl of Roedean, Angel majored in Economics & English with a BA at UCT. She then spent 7 years working for M&C Saatchi Advertising in London. In London she heard Mandela speak at Trafalgar Square. She was very inspired by his words, “I love you all so much. I want to put you in my pocket and bring you home”.
Angel returned home to South Africa in 2000 to found Homecoming Revolution and to co-found Morrisjones Advertising where she created the kulula.com brand.
Angel was a founding member of the SA Chapter of Entrepreneur’s Organisation and served on the Roedean Board for 6 years.
In 2013 Angel stepped fulltime into Homecoming Revolution, turning it into a global Headhunting Firm for Africa.
Homecoming Revolution works successfully with many Fintech & FMCG companies across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. They headhunt top African professionals worldwide and recruit them back to their respective home countries.
Angel’s accolades include:
• TedX Speaker 2017
• African Leadership Network New Generation Leader 2011
• EY World Entrepreneur Awards finalist 2007
• Roedean School Centenary Keynote 2005
• Financial Mail Small Agency of the Year 2005
• President Thabo Mbeki State of the Nation address 2004
• SABC/Shoprite Checkers Woman of the Year Award in Media 2004